DRejuvenation of Dilapidated Structures
Old structures be it a cultural heritage or a space for day to day use can deteriorate over time due to climatic condition, poor maintenance or construction of inadequate quality. Strengthening of such structures is important from different viewpoints e.g. protecting the culture, improving the safety conditions or to maintain the business facilities. To this end, it is important to choose a technology that is locally available, floor space reduction is minimum, durable and have an overall economic benefit. In BUET, we have mastered application of different technologies including the use of ferrocement technology, jacketing with additional reinforcement and also started the use of FRP composites and laminates.
- Gulshan-1 Kacha Bazar, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Muhammadpur Town Hall Market, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- New Super Market and Chandrima Market, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Gausia Market, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Karwan Bazar Fish Market, Dhaka, Bangladesh